Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Class work

During the lecture for week 7 sesson, I think it was week 7 I keep losing track, anyhow for this lecture, we looked again at 1950s posters. Then we sketched aspects of these posters down, shape forms, type etc.

My sketches were not great but the excersize was more about seeing the composition of the posters we were viewing, how were they made up, what made them different to other decades of posters.




This is a sketch of a number of posters, three to be exact, the car took up almost a whole page, but the shape of it was what caught my eye, what I've noticed in most car adverts is that the car takes up the middle, with shapes for the title or brand, or these brands would be made up of shapes such as the american shevolet logo/brand.

Another thing was the use of angled boxes that I've seen it many 1950s posters.




This sketch, I took of another poster, without the main image, it was the layout that caught me, simple clean text at the top, a sponged like backdrop and tiny text at the bottom.























This was based around a stockings poster, the brand name in a handmade type inbetween a mass of details, in very tiny type, a advert more for a magazine or paper, I sketched it as I like the shapes, the boxes at the top and the lines I drew where the stockings were placed. The stockings and brand were the most visible, the placement of elements makes this so.




From this excersize I gained more of an incite into 1950s posters and their makeup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home